27th October, 2011
Julie Flavell appeared with historian Fiona Watson in a session on ‘Writing History’ at the
Dundee Literary Festival, where she
discussed researching and writing her book ‘When London Was Capital of America’.
4th October, 2011
Julie Flavell contributed to the Cultural Events Programme at the Bishopsgate Institute in London with a book talk on ‘When London Was Capital of America’.
13th June, 2011
Julie Flavell gave a talk on her book ‘When London Was Capital of America’ to a sold-out audience at the Eccles Centre for American Studies at the British Library.
13th May, 2011
Julie Flavell was one of a committee of international scholars invited to participate in ‘Jefferson’s Adversaries: British Leadership in the War of Independence’, a two-day conference that marked the opening of the Robert H. Smith Center at Montalto in Charlottesville, Virginia.
21st April, 2011
Julie Flavell launched the second series of Charleston Library Society’s Wide Angle Lunches on March 31, 2011 with a talk on her book When London Was Capital of America. The talk was followed on Friday April 1, 2011 by a speaking engagement at a dinner of the Young Professionals Board of the Charleston Library Society, where her subject was ‘Romancing the English: Americans, Love, and London before the Revolution’.
- ROBERT H. SMITH INTERNATONAL CENTER FOR JEFFERSON STUDIES, MONTICELLO, OCTOBER 2017
- TALK AT THE ROBERT H. SMITH INTERNATONAL CENTER FOR JEFFERSON STUDIES, MONTICELLO, OCTOBER 2017
- WILLIAM L. CLEMENTS LIBRARY, UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, AUGUST 2015
- BRITISH SCHOLAR SOCIETY BOOK OF THE MONTH, SUMMER 2012
- LIBERTY FUND COLLOQUIUM, 14-17 JUNE 2012